It is always important to know what is going in our bodies. Thank God for workers like Connolly.
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — The federal government is suing a Bronx salon after a whistleblower employee was fired after trying to warn coworkers about a health hazard.
As CBS2’s Meg Baker reported, Yonkers mom Valerie Connolly said she began experiencing serious health issues, at first unexplainable by doctors.
“Problems breathing. I was bringing my son into school one day, and I could barely make it to the door,” Connolly said. “I never had asthma before.”
With no answers, she started to look into products used at Salon Zoe on Riverdale Avenue, where she was an office manager.
Connolly worked at the salon for more than seven years. She claims she was fired after warning workers of a potentially dangerous treatment of hair straightening.
Connolly discovered that the salon used a product called Magic Keratina, containing formaldehyde. She was so concerned she handed out information warning coworkers.
“Just explaining to them what…
View original post 215 more words