I went to the very small library in Azogues. I wanted to see their classics and most recent books. Instead I saw a huge periodical newspaper section and seemingly old books. Both times I went, the only people there were the employees.
Unlike the library in my neighborhood, that caters to people of all ages and is always busy, this library was vacant and almost boring….maybe if I read in Spanish my experience would have been different? I am not sure.
- Jade (met mother)
- Joseph (met mother)
- Lindsay (met mother)
- Ronald (met mother)
- Ronald’s Babysitter grand daughter (met babysitter)
- Emmanuela (met mother)
- Francesca (met babysiter & Mother)
- Delilah (very mature, watches little sister)
- Priscilla (met mother and father)
- Manny (Manuel)
- Ben’s little Sister
- Ben’s older Sister
- The little Mexican Boy (met father)
- Shanyah (met mother)
- Aldo (met grand or mother)
- Janiece Green
- Whitney Green
- Whitaker Green
- James Bell
- Kizzy (met mother)
- Essence and Malik’s brother (met mother)
- Moria (met mother) (raspy voice)
- Tramaine (great with math)
- Michelle (tom boy)
- Genesis (met mother)
- Edwin (mischievous)
- Messiah (good with computers)
- Mohammad ( dance like Micheal Jackson)
- Mohammad’s sister
- Marilvz (talkative )
- Angel ( likes to joke in Spanish)
- Michael (serious about work, like to joke )
- Sophie (speaks French)
- Khadijah (always smiling)
- Damien(popular with everyone)
- Eddie (popular, very serious about school work)
- Yu Lynn ( loves to read )
- Yukki (does HW but hates to read)
- Beatrice aka Bea ( Lindsay’s friend)
- Shanavier (Kizzy’s friend/ Godsister)
- Jesus (wants to be an actor, tutor Saturdays)
- Elian Abinder (ESL, likes to count in Spanish)
- Leanne (very acrobatic )
- Adam (likes books about the body/ hobby football)
- Gabriella (first grader who reads extremely well)
- Pria (sweet little kindergartner who loves to read, needs help with ABC’S)
- Pria’s Brother (sweet 5th grader, very honest)
- D’Andrea Leaonora (5th grader, very sweet get along with everyone, did project on Beyonce)
- Priscilla (the 5th Grade)
- Kelly (very sweet girls, met mother and father)
- Monctor (met mother whose name rhymes with Drama, both very ambitious students)
I got to the library a little late.
And when I got there the kids were too involved with their homework and on the computer to notice that I came late. We found a table and soon as we sat down the drama started!
James came. He was the first one who sat at the table. He was doing math, the subject he is a genius in and begin to ask me if his answers were right.
Next to me was Joseph. He took out his reader and we read a story together about a girl who wanted to join a musical band. She could play the drums really well but the band wouldn’t let her join. When we finally finished that story, Janisha came.
She had finished the little bit of homework she had and was ready to talk or read! I couldn’t read with her and Jospeh. We (Joseph and I) had already started a chapter book titled The Secret of the Painted House by Marion Dane Bauer. I offered her to read a long with us but this little one was in her own world. She went and got another book titled The Ghost Sonata by Gilda Joyce. As if the queer book we were already reading wasn’t enough.
At the same time James and Janisha were getting into mischief. It made me wonder what was their purpose of sitting at the table? For me to continue to correct them and tell them how to behave?! When Janisha and Joseph left, along comes Taitiana.
She sits beside James. And they can’t really sit still or be nice to each other.
The librarian came over once to talk too. They just kept acting up.
Then Mel-Mel came. He wasn’t really being bad. Just cracking jokes. I got him to practice his alphabet sounds and read some words with me. This worked until he got into a fight with James. At that point I just left.
I go to the library to help children who are serious! Not those who want to spend their time playing. The librarian took over from there.
I went to the library but didn’t stay long. I only read to one little boy and his family. The other children were on the computer and didn’t want to get off. The little girl I normally see did not come. Now, she would actually get off the computer so we both could read. Those children today? They were content on the computer so I left.
I walk around for a while and took some pictures. Can you believe there are still Obama signs up?! I know, we would never get over it. There are also Michael Jackson signs up all over the place. Its only fitting that I would talk of someone who according to the media has lived a sad life before I mention the movie that I just watched.
I just saw the movie Seven Pounds and am feeling a bit mixed up in side. I wanted to cry but didn’t. I couldn’t even feel happy. I just leaves you in the middle of emotions. The director, Gabriele Muccino is amazing. He should write a book. He summed the movie up when he said “two people with so much death in them.” I like the movie but hate the fact that he committed suicide. I was hoping Ben would end up with Emily. Thank God its not a true story!